Each season has its own recipes. It is true that in the summer we want to eat light food and above all seasonal products. There are many reasons to eat a salad every day. In general, it is good for health and good for keeping the line. On the other hand, did you know that figs are excellent for our physical state and especially if we consume them in the evening? They are rich in vitamins and minerals. And it’s because we care about your well-being that we present you a summer salad recipe with fig and honey vinaigrette. It came straight out of our culinary studio. The taste experience is tested and guaranteed!
There is nothing better than a good summer salad with seasonal fruits
The products needed for our fresh fig salad
Ingredients for the dressing:
- olive oil – 3-4 tablespoons. to the.
- Dijon mustard – 1 tablespoon. to the.
- honey – 1 tbsp. to the.
- white balsamic vinegar – 2 tablespoons. to the.
Ingredients for the salad:
- fresh arugula – 250 g
- fresh figs – about 200 g
- red onion – 1/2
- burrata – 125 g
- walnuts – 50 g
Did you know that burrata is very low in calories?
Step by step preparation:
- Mix the olive oil, mustard, honey and balsamic vinegar in a bowl.
- Add salt and pepper, mix to obtain a smooth and homogeneous texture.
- Wash and drain the arugula.
- Cut the fresh figs in half.
- Place the figs tightly on top of the arugula.
- Add the burrata cut into pieces or whole.
- Add the pre-chopped red onion.
- Place the walnuts for the finishing touch.
- Pour the sauce with a spoon.
- Voila, your salad is appetizing and tempting.
Pour all the ingredients for the sauce into a bowl
Mix well to obtain a homogeneous sauce.
Cut the fresh and ripe figs
Place them neatly in the arugula salad
Add the burrata in pieces
Top with onions, nuts and salsa to finish off the salad in style
Are fresh figs good for your health?
The fig is a gold mine for our health. It is very rich in fiber, minerals, potassium and antioxidants. Figs are a real ally against constipation. Its skin and seeds contain a lot of fiber. Which is a big help for your digestive tract. Dried figs are even more effective. This fruit will protect your blood vessels. All this is possible thanks to the presence of anthocyanins. They are the ones that give it the purple color. Finally, figs will improve skin elasticity with their high content of antioxidants and flavonoids.
Fresh figs against skin aging
Does the fig make you fat or lose weight?
Raw, cooked, dried or roasted, figs have many uses in the kitchen. Its nutritional value varies according to its form (cooked or raw). The fresh fig provides 63 kcal / 100 g. On the other hand, dried figs provide 200 kcal / 100 g. The fig comes into play in many diets. It is composed mainly of water and contains no lipids. Did you know that 100 g of figs will keep you full for 4 hours?
Figs cannot be stored in the refrigerator
The peculiarity of fresh ripe figs is that they do not last more than a day. Here are some tips for choosing the right figs:
- Choose figs that are neither too soft nor too firm.
- They should have a fragrant smell and a dark purple color.
- Fig leaves are also used for cooking.
A good fig is a fleshy fig
So you have several reasons to include fresh figs in your menu in September. Why not start with our summer salad recipe with fresh figs? Preparation time is 5 to 10 minutes. And if you feel like cooking, there is a delicious recipe for fig jam.