Food and gastronomy
It’s hot, very hot this week in Belgium! Temperatures that can sometimes cut the appetite. So we came up with the ultra-refreshing recipe to eat when the mercury explodes.
In case of a heat wave, nothing better than raw vegetables and delicious fresh fruit. Simona El-Harar’s “Perfect Salad” recipe from Kitchen151 restaurant chef and Streetfood’s new cookbook is all about filling up on healthy greens, wonderful anise-flavored fennel, oranges, pomegranate seeds or and all pecans In short, a delight!
Simona El-Harar’s “perfect salad”.
Ingredients for 4 people):
- 1 orange
- 1 or 2 fennel bulbs
- 1 bunch of small radishes
- 1 large romaine lettuce
- 1 teaspoon both
- 1 tablespoon of pomegranate molasses
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1⁄2 clove of garlic, grated
- 1 large pinch of sea salt
- 1 large handful of pecans or walnuts of your choice
- Start by removing the pomegranate seeds.
- Peel the orange then, with a sharp knife, cut the raw flesh – it’s a bit tedious but worth it.
- Thinly slice the fennel bulbs, top to bottom. Cut the radishes in 2. Chop the romaine lettuce.
- In a small bowl, combine the amba, grenadine molasses, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and salt. Beat until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- In a large bowl, put the pomegranate seeds, orange pieces, fennel, radishes and lettuce and mix.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the top and toss again.
- Top with pecans or walnuts of your choice.