Winter is long behind us and now that the temperatures are soaring, we need something light and fresh to eat. In this case, a rich and nutrient-rich salad is the perfect choice. It will provide you with extra water and vitamins that will keep your energy levels high. Plus, the fiber and protein it contains will keep you full longer. Plus, we’d say it’s a super tasty way to shed a few pounds. So what are you waiting for? Grab a bottle of wine, call your friends and enjoy this incredible dining experience. Here are 5 main course summer salad recipes.
Summer salad with chickpeas and fresh vegetables as a main course
- 220 g of asparagus, cut and blanched
- 400 g of chickpeas or other beans well rinsed and drained
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into pieces
- 5 radishes, trimmed and cut into wedges or chunks
- 1 cucumber cut into pieces
- 26 g of chopped red onion
- 100g cherry tomato halves, quartered if larger
- 100 g of colored peppers, cut into pieces
- 90 g of black olives
- 50 g roasted red peppers from a jar, chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 40 g of crumbled feta
Preparation: This mixed vegetarian salad is very nutritious and easy to make. Just combine all the vegetables in a large bowl and dress them with the vinaigrette. You can choose one from our summer salad dressings article or make a quick one by mixing together lemon juice, olive oil, dried thyme, salt and pepper.
Salad with chicken
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 C. spoons of garam masala
- 1 C. ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper powder
- 1 small whole chicken (1.25-1.5 kg)
- 6 slices of smoked bacon (grated bacon)
- 1 half ciabatta, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 300 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150 g of fine green beans, cut and blanched
- 4 Little Gem lettuces, each cut into 8 wedges
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Mix the olive oil with all the spices, a good pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper. Then brush the chicken with this mixture and roast for 1 hour until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon strips under a hot grill until golden brown and crispy.
- Pour the ciabatta cubes into the bacon drippings left on the grill tray, then place in the oven with the chicken to bake for 10 minutes until charred and golden.
- Cut the meat into large pieces and toss them with the rest of the cooking juices in the pan. Also chop the crispy bacon.
- Now it’s time to assemble the salad. So, arrange the Little Gem lettuce wedges on a large plate. Toss them with the chicken, then top with the bacon bits, croutons, tomatoes and green beans. Season to taste or serve with tzatziki sauce.
Summer salad as a main course with salmon
- 1 salmon fillet (about 450 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon coarse ground pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 4 sprigs of fresh dill
- 1 peeled and chopped cucumber
- 120 g of reduced sour cream
- 150 g finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 10 g of fresh chopped dill
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 500g torn Bibb lettuce
- 1 medium peach, peeled and sliced
- 30 g of chopped hazelnuts
- 40 g of fresh blueberries
- 4 thin slices of red onion, separated into rings
Preparation: Here is another mixed summer salad that can replace the main course. To prepare it, first cook the salmon. Place on a greased baking sheet and season with salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and dill sprigs. We bake it for 15-20 minutes at 200 °C. Then cut the fish into large pieces.
In a small bowl, prepare the sauce by mixing together the cucumber, sour cream, red pepper, chopped fresh dill, capers and remaining pepper and lemon juice.
Divide the lettuce between 4 plates. Garnish with peach, hazelnuts, blueberries, onion and salmon. Serve with the sauce.
Warm steak fajita salad
Ingredients for the dressing:
- 100 ml of olive oil
- 70 ml lime juice
- 1 C. ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
Summer salad as a main course:
- 400 g flank steak
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet red pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion (medium, thinly sliced)
- 2 orange bell peppers (or medium red peppers, thinly sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more for seasoning)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (more for seasoning)
- 1 lettuce heart, chopped
- 1/4 small head of cabbage
- 25 to 30 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
First mix all the vinaigrette ingredients until they are completely emulsified. Next, heat a pan over high heat. Meanwhile, season the steak generously with salt, pepper, cumin and paprika on both sides and cook until a golden crust forms. When finished cooking, transfer the steak to a cutting board and cover with aluminum foil.
Then reduce the heat to medium and add the oil to the pan. Also add the onion, peppers, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft and slightly charred around the edges.
Finally, combine the lettuce and cabbage in a large bowl. Add the steak slices, onions, peppers, tomatoes and avocado. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to combine.
Fresh recipe with battered chicken and grapes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 chicken ribs
- 650 g seasoned breadcrumbs
- 110 ml of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 C. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 100 ml of olive oil
- 1 package of mixed spring lettuce
- 200 g of broccoli florets
- 100 g red seedless grapes, halved
- 100 g seedless green grapes, halved
- 40 g of sliced almonds, toasted with honey
preparation : Preheat the oven to 200°C. Beat the eggs and 3 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Dip chicken into egg mixture, then sprinkle with breadcrumbs, pressing firmly to adhere. Place the ribs on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Then mix in the lettuce, broccoli, red grapes and green grapes. Top with chicken, sliced almonds and serve with vinaigrette.