Delicious and cosmically healthy, green bean salad may seem strange at first, but it will become one of your favorite dishes. Want to lose weight and eat healthier, but don’t know what to eat? Or are you just looking for other healthy salad recipes to fill your stomach on these hot summer days? You’ve come to the right place at the right time, because everyone in the DeaVita office is obsessed with these salads right now! If you want to know what they are and the benefits of eating green beans, we invite you to keep scrolling and reading!
Easy Green Bean Salad Recipe: 3 Variations
What are the benefits of green beans? Some of you may not like its taste so much and avoid eating dishes that contain it, but we hope you will change your mind after this list:
- Do you think losing weight is difficult? Well, they are very low in calories and can be included in your healthy diet!
- They are full of vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants!
- They can lower cholesterol levels.
- Thanks to vitamin B, they can help reduce the symptoms of depression. However, if you are suffering from depression, we recommend that you contact your GP immediately for help. Talk to your loved ones too!
- Green beans help fight anemia and can prevent cancer!
- They protect your gut! The fiber in green beans contributes to the health and proper functioning of the digestive system.
There are quite a few good reasons to include them in your diet, right? Why not start by making a delicious green bean salad?
Beans, tomatoes and olives
Green bean salad with tomato and olives:
- 500 g green beans, chopped
- 125 g of Kalamata olives
- 250 g of chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 20 g of grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, cook the green beans until tender, but still crunchy. This should take about 4-5 minutes. Next, use a slotted spoon to transfer the green beans to a large bowl of ice water. This process is called blanching the green beans. Once cooled, remove them from the water and dry them with a towel.
- Then, in another large bowl, combine the beans with the tomatoes, olives, green onions, parsley, and Parmesan cheese.
- For the dressing, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Finally, pour in the summer salad dressing and toss to coat. And there it goes! Treat yourself!
Greek salad with green beans
Here’s how to make a great Greek Green Bean Salad:
- 170g fresh green beans (trimmed and halved)
- 45 g cup of chopped tomato
- 45 g cup of chopped red pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons. crumbled feta
- chopped fresh parsley
For the dress:
- 3 tablespoons spoonful of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 C. spoonful of white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh or dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- First, in a bowl, whisk the oil and vinegar, parsley, oregano, garlic, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Next, cut off the ends of the green beans.
- Bring a medium saucepan to a boil with water and set aside a bowl of ice water.
- When the water boils, add the green beans and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and immediately plunge the beans into the ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- Then combine the green beans with the red pepper and tomatoes and toss with the dressing to coat.
- Finally, garnish the salad with crumbled feta and fresh parsley.
Three bean salad
Here’s a simple, delicious, and very hearty green bean salad recipe!
- 200g green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 C. Dijon mustard
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon teaspoon of maple syrup or honey
- 65 g cup very finely chopped red onion
- 180 g of cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 160 hours of cooked, drained and rinsed beans
- 2 chops of celery, thinly sliced
- 45 g finely chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To start, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and place a bowl of ice water nearby. Next, submerge the green beans in boiling water and heat them for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the beans and immediately plunge them into ice water until completely cooled. Then, drain them and place them on a clean towel to dry.
- Next, in a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, honey (or maple syrup), mustard, and salt and pepper. Add the onion, chickpeas, beans, celery, green beans and parsley and stir.
- Finally, refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Enjoy your lunch!